Despite its metropolitan status, Helsinki is a peaceful city.
The sights of Helsinki are mainly located in the downtown area – within a radius of several kilometers from the railway station and the port of Katajanokka.
In addition to architectural beauty, the capital of Finland attracts tourists with a variety of museums, exhibitions and festivals. Besides, almost a third of the city consists of “green” spaces of parks and squares – it is easy to breathe here, and the natural beauty harmoniously complements the urban landscape.
7 things to do in Helsinki:
- Explore the dungeons of Sveaborg.
- Try local delicacies at the Kauppatori market.
- See the city panorama from the Ferris wheel.
- Listen to the silence in the Kamppi Chapel of Silence at Narinkkatori Square.
- Take a ride in the tram bar.
- Feed the gulls on Senate Square.
- Make a wish on the magical fifth step of the Cathedral.