International Competition – Festival of Arts
«Baltic Amber Coast»
September 19-24, 2020
Cruise on the Baltic Sea on a cruise ferry «Tallink»
Visit the capital cities of 4 countries:
- Estonia (Tallinn)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- Sweden (Stockholm)
- Latvia (Riga)
Goals and objectives of the festival-competition:
- Development and strengthening of ties between different countries through cultural exchange;
- Development and strengthening of connections between creative teams;
- Propaganda and popularization of various kinds of arts – choreographic, vocal and circus;
- Exchange of experience between teams, coaches and instructors, enhancement of professional skills;
- Identification and in-depth support of the most talented and promising teams and performers;
- Shaping of aesthetic appreciation among performers and spectators;
- Creation of conditions to utilize potential interculturally.
Terms of participation in the festival-competition
Various children, youth, adult vocal, choreographic amateur troupes and individual performers as well as circus studios represented by troupes and individual performers from the neighboring and foreign countries may participate in the festival-competition.
Each participant should prepare 2 competition performances (pieces) in their genre. Each competition performance should be no longer than 4 minutes.
- The competition will take place in Tallinn at the Lindakivi Culture Center (Tallinn, 22 Y. Koorti str.);
- Gala concert and award ceremony will take place aboard the cruise ferry on its way from Stockholm to Riga.
- Applications may be submitted through 30 April, 2020, the application should include the list of participants in English language along with their dates of birth and international passport number (as provided in the international passport).
- The audio tracks for the competition pieces should be submitted along with the application to the email of the festival-competition (they are to be clearly labeled with the name of the performer (team) and name of the competition performance piece.
- The application is to be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations and age categories
- folk, stylized folk;
- modern (all types);
- solo, duets, trios
Criteria for evaluation: performance skills, compositional structure of the dance, the repertoire is appropriate for the age specifics of the performer, theatrical effectiveness (plastics, costume, props, culture of performance), correspondence of musical and choreographic materials, artistry, expansion of the artistic image.
- author song.
- ensembles, choirs;
- solo, duets.
Criteria for evaluation: Musicality, artistic interpretation of the performance piece, purity of intonation and sound quality, beauty of the timbre and power of voice, scenic culture, complexity of the repertoire, correspondence of the repertoire to performer’s abilities and the age category of the performer, performing skills.
Nomination «Instrumental genre»
Instruments: piano, string and bow, folk, brass, drums.
- solo, duets, trios, quartets, etc.
Criteria for evaluation: instrument playing level, purity of intonation and musical structure, complexity of the repertoire and arrangement, use of a dynamic sound palette, musicality, artistry, artistic interpretation of a musical piece, creative individuality for individual performers.
The instrumental genre (groups and individual performers) presents two pieces with a total duration of not more than 10 minutes.
Nomination «Circus art»
Criteria for evaluation: level of performer’s professionalism, originality of the performance piece and the manner of performance, complexity of the stunt repertoire, artistic approach in the design of the props, costume.
Judges of the competition-festival
The panel of judges of the competition-festival is formed from among leading experts and activists in the field of culture and arts of Ukraine and foreign countries.
We invite the coaches to try themselves as a judge and provide an opportunity to gain new experience.
Requirements for the coach to participate as a judge – has a title (honored (national) artist or honored worker of culture or arts, or an excellent teacher etc.), or the troupe lead by this coach has the title “exemplary” or “national”.
The coach who becomes a judge may not evaluate his own team.
The panel of judges casts a secret vote using a 10-point scale. The results are presented in the form of a protocol. The decision of the panel of judges is final, is not a subject to change or discussion.
Competition results and awards
The participants are awarded in nominations and age categories. All the winners are presented with cups and diplomas.
- Diploma of Laureate of I, II, III places in each nomination and age category. According to the decision of the panel of judges, the place may be divided among several contestants or if participants fail to get enough points, there may be no place awarded;
- Grand-prix may be awarded upon the decision of the panel of judges separately in each genre;
- All other troupes and individual performers receive Participant’s Diploma and memorable gifts;
- The competition results are announced to the performers at the award ceremony;
- The panel of judges and organizing committee select performance pieces for participation in the gala concert.
Financial terms and conditions
Transfer expenses, accommodation and food expenses are covered by the participants or the sending party.
For every 15 participants, a coach may come for free!
The cost of the trip for groups, who get to Tallinn independently:
- children – 370 EURO,
- adults – 415 EURO.
The cost includes:
- 2-day stay at the Tallinn hotel «Pirita Marina» (four-bed accommodation); 3 meals a day – breakfasts and dinners at the hotel (buffet style), lunch at a cafe; free admission to the swimming pool;
- Cruise Tallinn-Helsinki (quad cabins, accommodating 4 people);
- Cruise Helsinki- Stockholm (quad cabins, accommodating 4 people);
- Cruise Stockholm – Riga (quad cabins, accommodating 4 people);
- The cruise ferries offer 2 meals a day – buffet style breakfasts and dinners;
- 1-day stay at a hotel in Riga (lunch + dinner + breakfast);
- City tours of Tallinn, Helsinki, Stockholm and Riga (bus and walking tour);
- Bus transfer from the airport (if the group arrives by plane);
- Free parking at the hotel parking lot at «Pirita SPA»;
- Festival fee.
The cost does not include:
- Insurance for the time of the trip with insurance coverage of 30,000 EURO (such insurance is mandatory!);
- Transfer to Tallinn;
- Gas for the bus (if the group comes in their own bus), accommodation for the bus drivers, bus transfer on the ferry (the cost depends on the size of the bus).
- Consular fee for visa.
The groups arriving by bus must provide this information to the organizers ahead of time in order to book room for the bus on the ferry.
Organizer’s contact information:
Lesia Gotovkina +38 093 880 98 48; +38 095 794 10 68; +38 063 150 0189 – Viber
Charity fund «Kiev Art Time»
03124, Ukraine, Kyiv city, Mykola Vasilenko street, 7-А
Partners and co-organizers of the contest-festival are:
- Ukrainian-Finnish travel company – travel operator Ukr-Fin Tour
st. Patrice Lumumba, 4/6, Kiev, 02000, Ukraine
+38 044 201-04-07
+38 095 016-55-71
+38 044 201-01-58
- Estonian shipping company Tallink Silja Line
Tel. + 372 640 9800
Fax + 372 640 9810
- Center of culture “Lindakivi”
Coorty 22, 13623 TALLINN
Tel./Fax 646 2411; 635 2576
- Pirita Marina Hotel & SPA
Purje 9, 11911 Tallinn
+372 639 8600